Medical Malpractice Birth Injuries
Reproduction is the best gift of life. It is the best creation of God, this is the only way on this planet earth, how we can save our DNA and in ways become immortal. We can imagine how blissful it is to see someone in front of our eyes carrying a part of our genome. There cannot be anyone who is happier than parents who are expecting a child.
But what brings our focus here is the alarmingly high rate of birth injuries caused due to medical malpractice. How difficult it for the parents and family members of the child when their dream is shattered just because of the negligence of any of the medical professional. We can just imagine the emotional pain in that situation, so here we are bringing the attention to medical malpractice birth injuries and the legal aspect of it.
So here what comes under medical malpractice is any severe injury caused either to the mother or to the infant due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse or any of the medical professional amongst the team or the negligence during the parental care like wrongly advised drugs during pregnancy.
There is various type of birth injuries to the infants, these are-
1)Bleeding or hemorrhage- these can be as follows
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Interventricular hemorrhage
- Cerebral hemorrhage
2)Perinatal asphyxia- caused due to lack of blood or oxygen during delivery. This can cause multiple issues like shock, coma, seizures, labored breathing and even death.
3) Brachial plexus injury i.e damage to the peripheral nerve.
4) Fractures i.e bone fracture as infants have a number of soft bones than adults due care has to be taken while a forceps delivery.
5) Injuries to the internal organs that is damage to internal organs like the lungs, liver, kidneys, stomach etc. Bleeding from the internal organs can cause infection which leads to the surgical repair.
6) Facial paralysis can happen when an infant’s face has too much pressure on it. This leads to nerve damage. If the injury is serious it can lead to total paralysis of one side of face.
Also, it is the duty of the doctor to fairly analyze the medical condition of the female during pregnancy. Certain conditions should be taken care of and addressed well in advance, the most common being hypertension (high Bp) Which leads to preeclampsia.
Also, the series of medical tests have to be mandatorily done during pregnancy which leads to the pre-diagnosis of a critical scene in future like diabetes, placental position during pregnancy, the developmental condition of the fetus, thyroid analyses, structural development of the fetus etc.
If birth injury web notice any of the malpractices by the medical practitioners which leads to birth injuries a legal pursuit can be filed against the medical practitioners with the Personal injury attorney, which does the thorough analyses of the situation and the compensation is paid.